Runners must be the saddest people.


Hello everybody! Long time no see, but I am back. Definitely back. 
 
For my whole life I was not very comfortable working out outside. Thought that other people will see me all sweaty and not looking even half my best and in pain was just too much to handle so I never went out, but stayed indoors and workout there. 


Lately, I have been going on a lot of walks with my dog, friends or even by myself and I saw a bunch of runners. The funny thing is that all I ever thought was look! He’s running, she’s running! It did not, even for a second, occurred my mind that they are sweaty or their legs are about to fall off. I felt so silly and even sillier because I never was a girl who pays much attention to what others think. 

I had really bad past few days or even weeks and at some point it was all just too much and I decided to go out running. I went for about 2 kilometers run as fast as I can. Better to feel something than not feel at all, right? I was listening to joyful music, that gave me energy and thinking about how marathoners must be the saddest people. I don’t even know why, but I noticed a pattern that even that 5 times that I went out running before I was sad and running freed my mind and soul.  


After the run in the best. Best feeling and it is no surprise that running can become addictive, because of all the positive energy and endorphins you get. It is actually nothing about pain or the fact that you are out of breath, because the feeling of success and happiness over come so much more.
Now I go on my runs more often and enjoy them so much. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made - not just for my mind, but even my body is getting fit. Lately has been raining a lot so I couldn’t go and in my entire life I could never imagined that  I would ever say 
“Damn, I wish I could go running”, haha. 

Have a lovely day,
Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment